Musical sensation Elton John is bookending his illustrious career with his ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ tour, lasting through 2022 into 2023.
However, having been rescheduled and with tickets officially released - Elton John’s last trip to the South West of England is nearly upon us.
Here is everything you need to know about Elton John’s huge double header in Bristol.
When is Elton John playing in Bristol?
The Rocket Man is set to grace the South West of England on two occasions as part of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour in 2022.
Elton John has already played in Bristol’s Ashton Gate - home to Bristol City Football Club - this year, last week on Wednesday, 22 June 2022.
His last ever show in the city kicks off today at the time of publication, which is Sunday, 26 June 2022
The shows will start at 5 pm and 6 pm in the afternoon respectively.
Please note that both shows take place within the week where there is mass strike action taking place across the Railway Network, bringing disruption to a number of routes to and from the Bristol region - take a look at BristolWorld’s list of affected routes.
Where else is he playing?
The musician’s Farwell Yellow Brick Road tour also takes place throughout Europe, as well as stadiums in the UK.
The next date of the tour is in Norway’s Telenor Arena on Saturday 21 May, before coming to a conclusion at Stockholm’s Tele2 Arena on 8 July 2022.
Here are a full list of all of Elton John’s huge UK shows during the tour:
- 15 - Carrow Road, Norwich
- 17 - Anfield Stadium, Liverpool
- 19 - Stadium of Light, Sunderland
- 22 - Ashton Gate, Bristol
- 24 - Hyde Park, London
- 26 - Ashton Gate, Bristol
- 29 - Swansea.com Stadium, Swansea
- 3 - Vicarage Road, Watford
- 4 - Vicarage Road, Watford
- 31 - SSE Arena, Belfast
- 2 - The O2, London
- 4 - The O2, London
- 5 - The O2, London
- 8 - The O2, London
- 9 - The O2, London
- 12 - The O2, London
- 13 - The O2, London
- 16 - The O2, London
- 17 - The O2, London
- 19 - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
- 22 - M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- 23 - M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- 31 - AO Arena, Manchester
- 2 - AO Arena, Manchester
- 3 - AO Arena, Manchester
- 6 - First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 10 - Utilita Arena, Birmingham
- 11 - Utilita Arena, Birmingham
- 13 - P&J Live, Aberdeen
- 15 - P&J Live, Aberdeen
- 17 - OVO Hydro, Glasgow
- 18 - OVO Hydro, Glasgow
How can I get tickets to Elton John’s Bristol show?
Tickets are still available for Elton John’s huge Ashton Gate double header next month via ticketing partners Ticketmaster.
Prices range from as cheap as £71.50 per ticket, to as expensive as £460.15 - the cost varies depending on where you wish to be seated in the Ashton Gate Stadium.
For a premium experience, VIP tickets are still available to be purchased but are quite pricey, ranging from £249 to as expensive as £1,199.
What is the setlist?
The full setlist featuring all of Elton John’s classic tracks has been made official ahead of his Bristol double header.
As per Setlist.fm, this will be the setlist followed for both Ashton Gate shows:
- Bennie and the Jets
- All The Girls Love Alice
- I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues
- Border Song
- Tiny Dancer
- Philadelphia Freedom
- Indian Sunset
- Rocket Man
- Take Me to the Pilot
- Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Candle In The Wind
- Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding
- Burn Down The Mission
- Sad Songs
- Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- The Bitch Is Back
- I’m Still Standing
- Crocodile Rock
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- Your Song
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
What are the important times to know about ahead of the big show?
All the important times and the order of the play has been made official ahead of Elton John’s first gig at Bristol’s Ashton Gate Stadium on Wednesday, 22 June 2022. Here is everything you need to know:
- 2:30 pm - Closure of Ashton Road and Marsh Road for traffic reasons (will re-open at 2 am)
- 3:00 pm - Shuttle bus service starts
- 4:00 pm: The Fan Village and hospitality services open, Elton John Box Office opens
- 4:30 pm: Stadium Bowl opens, offical merchandise goes on sale in Fan Village and in the stadium
- 6:40 pm: Fans are asked to be in their seats 20 minutes before the show starts
- 7:00 pm: Elton John’s concert starts
- 8:00 pm: Closure of Winterstoke Road for traffic reasons (will re-open at midnight)
- 9:45 pm: Elton John’s concert ends
- 11:00 pm: All bars and the stadium clos
Who is Elton John and what is he best known for?
Elton John is a British singer, pianist and composer. Along with selling more than 300 million records, he has found success on Broadway, composing the music score for the Tony award-winning ‘Billy Elliot.’
His unique blend of pop and rock styles turned him into one of the 20th century’s biggest music icons. He was musically gifted from a young age, and released his first self-titled American album in 1970, making him a huge international star. Some of his chart-topping hits include "Crocodile Rock," "Philadelphia Freedom" and "Candle in the Wind."