Man who died after being pulled from a house fire is named

Avon Fire and Rescue crews had rescued the man from the fire  Avon Fire and Rescue crews had rescued the man from the fire
Avon Fire and Rescue crews had rescued the man from the fire
He was one of two casualties pulled from the blaze by firefighters, but tragically did not survive

A retired electrician who died after being pulled from a fire at his home has been named, as an inquest into his death was opened.

Steven Bowman, aged 62, sadly succumbed to his injuries only hours after the fire on the morning of December 16.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He was one of two people who were rescued by firefighters after the blaze broke out at a property on Beaufort Avenue just after 9.30pm on December 15.

An investigation by Avon and Somerset Fire and Rescue carried out later that month determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.

Avon Coroner’s Court in Bristol.Avon Coroner’s Court in Bristol.
Avon Coroner’s Court in Bristol.

An inquest opening at Avon Coroner’s Court on Wednesday (January 5) heard that the provisional cause of death was burns to his body.

Area Coroner Mr Peter Harrowing listed the full inquest hearing for April 5.

Related topics: