Bristol motorists who are driving home for Christmas or popping out for a bit of last-minute shopping will have five road closures to watch out for this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing a holdup of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that two closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M5, from 9pm December 19 to 6am December 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): .
• M5, from 9pm May 24 2021 to 5am March 23 2022, slight delays (under 10 minutes): .
And a further three closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M32, from 8pm December 20 to 6am December 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): .
• M5, from 9pm December 20 to 5.30am December 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): .
• M32, from 10pm December 21 to 6am December 22, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): .
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.