Bath and North East Somerset road closures: six for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
Bath and North East Somerset's motorists will have six road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And three of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that one closure already in place is expected to carry on this week:
• A36, from midnight, December 19 2022 to 11pm November 23 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A36 Bath to Warminster used by GWR Railway Replacement Buses on Bristol Temple Meads - Frome route.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A4, from 10pm November 22 to 6am November 23, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A4 westbound, London Road exit slip road closure for drainage, diversion north on A46 to Cold Ashton Roundabout and return.
• A4, from 9.30pm November 23 to 6am November 25, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A4 westbound, London Road, junction carriageway closure between exit and entry slip road to A46 for drainage, diversion via exit slip road, London Road Roundabout and rejoin on to A46 northbound.
• A4, from 9.30pm November 27 to 6am November 28, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A4 eastbound, London Road roundabout to Bathampton roundabout - carriageway closure for drainage works, diversion via London Road W, High Street, London Road E.
• A4, from 9.30pm November 28 to 6am November 29, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A4 eastbound, London Road roundabout entry slip road to closed for drainage works, diversion via A46 northbound to turn at Cold Ashton and return.
• A4, from 8pm November 30 to 6am December 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A4 westbound, Bathampton lane closure for surveys.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.