As Lionesses captivate the nation with their triumphant win over Germany, fans across Bristol should continue to celebrate by supporting their local women’s club.
The Lionesses secured their place in British sporting history, winning Euro 2022 after a nail-biting victory over Germany in extra-time last night. This marks the first major trophy an England footballing team has won since 1966.
As England lifted the trophy at a sold-out Wembley Stadium, the exploits of the Lionesses has no doubt left football fans interested in both the Women’s Super League and the Women’s Championships - both on the women’s football pyramid.
If you want to follow Bristol City W.F.C, here’s everything you need to know about the team gunning for promotion.
Who are Bristol City W.F.C?
Bristol City W.F.C (The Vixens) are a FA Women’s Championship football team looking to return to the Women’s Super League after relegation in the 2020/2021 season. 2021/2022 season they finished third on goal difference.
Scottish forward Abi Harrison won the league’s golden boot, amassing 17 goals.
Who are Bristol City Women playing pre-season?
Just the one friendly left pre-season for Bristol City W.F.C, but it’s a big one.
The Vixens take on Women’s Super League team Reading on August 7, ahead of their campaign to return to the top flight.
August 7: vs. Reading (Home)
Tickets for that friendly are available through Bristol City’s website.
What are Bristol City W.F.C’s fixtures for 2022/2023 season?
FA Women’s Championship starts August 21. Bristol’s first fixture is away to Coventry United, followed by their first home game of the season against Blackburn Rovers.
The team then play away to London City Lionesses before returning to Robins High Performance Centre for back to back home games against Sunderland and Southampton.
- Sunday, August 21st 2022 3PM - Coventry United (A)
- Sunday, August 28th 2022 3PM - Blackburn Rovers (H)
- Sunday, September 11th 2022 3PM - London City LIonesses (A)
- Sunday, September 18th 2022 3PM - Sunderland (H)
- Sunday, September 25th 2022 3PM - Southampton (H)
- Sunday, October 16th 2022 3PM - Sheffield United (A)
- Sunday, October 23rd 2022 3PM - Crystal Palace (H)
- Sunday, October 30th 2022 3PM - Charlton Athletic (A)
- Sunday, November 6th 2022 3PM - Lewes FC (A)
- Sunday, November 20th 2022 3PM - Birmingham City (H)
- Sunday, December 4th 2022 3PM - Durham (A)
- Sunday, January 15th 2023 3PM - Coventry United (H)
- Sunday, January 22nd 2023 3PM - London City LIonesses (H)
- Sunday, February 5th 2023 3PM - Blackburn (A)
- Sunday, February 12th 2023 3PM - Lewes FC (H)
- Sunday, March 5th 2023 3PM - Crystal Palace (A)
- Sunday, March 12th 2023 3PM - Durham (H)
- Sunday, March 26th 2023 3PM - Southampton (H)
- Sunday, April 2nd 2023 3PM - Sheffield United (H)
- Sunday, April 16th 2023 3PM - Sunderland (A)
- Sunday, April 23rd 2023 3PM - Charlton (H)
- Sunday, April 30th 2023 3PM - Birmingham CIty (A)
Who should I watch out for from Bristol City W.F.C?
Skipper Aimee Palmer arrived at Bristol CIty W.F.C as a 16-year-old midfielder. After 16 top flight appearances for the club and a brief stint at Manchester United, Palmer will be committed to captaining the Robins back to the top flight.
Bristol CIty & FA Championship Player of the Year, Abi Harrison, will look to continue her hot streak into the new season. The 24-year-old netted against 10 of her 11 opponents last year.
Elysia Boddy and Vicky Bruce are welcome additions for the Robins this season. Boddy is an 18-year-old midfielder who spent the second half of last season at Women’s Super League club Leicester.
Whereas Bruce - a veteran defender from North Carolina that will be sure to strengthen Bristol City’s back line.
Where can I get tickets to watch Bristol City W.F.C?
Pre-season friendly and season tickets through the Bristol City website
Individual tickets are also on sale through the Bristol City website.
For bus services to the stadium:
HPC1 services will depart from the Haymarket 1hr 10mins and 30 minutes before kick-off and depart post-match, approximately 2hr 10 mins after kick-off and 2hr 40 mins after kick-off.