Bristol City star boy ‘scouted heavily’ by Tottenham amid Leeds and Man United links

No bids as of yet for Alex Scott but he remains a part of Tottenham Hotspur’s discussions

<p>Tottenham Hotspur remain interested in Alex Scott. (Photo by Ashley Allen/Getty Images)</p>

Tottenham Hotspur remain interested in Alex Scott. (Photo by Ashley Allen/Getty Images)

Tottenham Hotspur are continuing to scout out Bristol City’s prized asset Alex Scott, according to reports in North London.

The 18-year-old is the hottest property in the Robins squad after quickly adapting to life in the Championship following his move from Guernsey in 2020.

Scott cemented his place in the first-team last year playing as both a wing-back and in central midfield, racking up 39 appearances across all competitions with four goals and two assists.

His performances have reportedly seen him catch the eye of Premier League trio Spurs, Leeds United and most recently Erik Ten Hag’s Manchester United.

Football.London’s Tottenham Hotspur reporter Alasdair Gold conducted a Q&A with Spurs fans and kept fans up to date on where they are on the youngster.

He said: ‘As for Alex Scott, he’s a player Spurs have scouted heavily and spoken about and the 18-year-old has got a fair bit of interest in him at the moment.

‘Spurs will have to start building their homegrown numbers up for the long-term because they have let Alli, Carter-Vickers, Clarke, Etete, Rodon (for the Premier League) and eventually will see Winks go, and in the short-term, both Troy Parrott and Dane Scarlett have left on loan.”

Scott was limited to a 12-minute cameo against Coventry City on Wednesday earning, picking up a yellow card in the process.

He has so far started every Championship game, playing as a supporting player behind Chris Martin and last season’s top scorer Andi Weimann.

Despite an ever-growing list of clubs queuing up to take a look at Scott, the club are under no pressure to sell as they look to keep hold of a squad that holds ambitions of promotion.

Steve Lansdown, the long-serving owner of the club stated their position, despite the need to navigate through Financial Fair Play.

As of yet, no offers have been received for Scott or Antoine Semenyo, another player who City could claim a fee for if there was a meaningful bid on the table.

In an interview with BBC Radio Bristol, he said: “The first thing you have to have is an offer for them which we haven’t got. How do we retain them?

"They’re under contract. Antoine’s got two years, Alex has got three and we don’t need to sell them and we don’t want to sell them. So like all these things you have to make offers to make you change your mind because that money can be reinvested to bolster the rest of the squad.

He did however state that should either player state their intentions of wanting to leave for a Premier League team, he may not stand in their way.

Lansdown added: “Why would Alex or Antoine want to go to someone else in the Championship?

“They have fantastic facilities here, it’s a great club to be a part of, great team-mates and a progression that they can see in their own careers but when a Premier League club comes in for them that’s when it’s difficult to turn down and I wouldn’t stand in their way."