Bristol City, Millwall and Blackburn transfer target addresses Hibernian future

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
The Scotland international is seemingly on his way out of Easter Road - despite a year running on his contract.

Reported Bristol City target Kevin Nisbet admits he could be facing his last two game with Hibernian.

Hibs - managed by former Robins boss Lee Johnson - have Celtic tonight (May 24) before completing their Scottish Premiership campaign against Edinburgh rivals Hearts (May 27).

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

It could be Nisbet’s last two games at the club given there is reported interest from City, as well as Blackburn Rovers and Millwall. Nisbet reportedly rejected Millwall in January but discussions could be opened up again in the summer. Nisbet has got 10 goals in 18 matches this term.

“It could, yeah,” responded Nisbet to the Edinburgh Evening News. But for me it’s just about focusing on the game and then focusing on the Hearts game.

“My agent and the club are in good dialogue with each other and I’ve said I kind of want to stay out of it. I just want to focus on finishing the season well."

Nisbet - who has spent three seasons at Easter Road - is closing in on 100 appearances for Hibs, and has scored 37 goals since joining from Dunfermline Athletic.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

His departure from Scotland seems inevitable despite having one-year left on his contract. He rejected a move to Millwall in January as he had only recovered from an ACL injury in December but is hopeful that the club can get a decent transfer fee for him should he depart.

He added: “This is my third season here and I’ve got a good connection with the club. They’ve been great to me so if I can return the investment, that would be great for all parties.

“I’ve been there before where January moves have fallen through and I think I didn’t deal with it previously as well as I did this time. I wanted to come back and enjoy my football - and I have.”

As for City’s stance on Nisbet, a move to Ashton Gate seems unlikely. He was linked with a move by the Sun, and it was said that they will have watched him earlier this month.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Nigel Pearson admitted that a move for a striker seems unlikely given the options they have at the club and the potential cost. A new centre-back is the priority for the 59-year-old and City are closing in on their first bit of transfer business with Joe Bryan and Ross McCrorie nearly at a conclusion.

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.