Bristol City transfer could spark Premier League exit whilst new comments about start to life at Ashton Gate

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Latest Bristol City news on Monday.

Bristol City drew 1-1 away at Wigan Athletic over the weekend.

The Robins picked up their first point of the season and will be looking to build on that now.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Next up for the Championship side is a home clash against Luton Town tomorrow.

Here is a look at the latest news regarding the club today...

Transfer could spark Crystal Palace departure

Crystal Palace are one of a few clubs who have been linked with a move for Bristol City striker Antoine Semenyo.

The Eagles have a vacancy to fill in attack following Christian Benteke’s departure to DC United.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

As per a report by the Daily Mail, Patrick Viera’s side could loan out Luke Plange if they bring in another forward this summer.

It may well be the case that if Semenyo makes the move to Selhurst Park, Plange could head out one of the Robins’ rivals in the Championship. He was linked Coventry City earlier this summer.

New signing on move so far

Mark Sykes was brought in over the summer on a free transfer from League One side Oxford United.

The former Northern Ireland youth international has been a hit with his new club so far.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He is enjoying life since his switch and has said, as per a report by Bristol Live:

“I’ve come in and looking back I probably wouldn’t have started the season if Kane (Wilson) didn’t get injured and I ended up playing against Bournemouth, played really well and I stayed in and that’s how football works.

“That’s what I always wanted to do, come here and not want to sit on the bench or not in the squad. I’m 25-years-old and I want to be playing games.”

Luton man still in boss’ plans

Bristol City are in action this week at home to Luton and their defender Tom Lockyer has been facing an uncertain future at Kenilworth Road due to lack of game time.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

However, their boss, Nathan Jones, has said he is still part of his plans ahead of their trip to Ashton Gate.

He has said, as per a report by Luton Today:

“Tom will play (games this season), he has played one in the first three, at the minute he’s at just over 33 per cent and he obviously wants that to go up but he will play a number of games because he’s important to us and he is a key member of the squad.

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.