King Charles III coronation: The Proclaimers removed from official Spotify playlist over ‘anti-monarchy’ views
The official playlist for King Charles III’s coronation is available on Spotify and contained 27 songs - but that has been trimmed to 26 after the removal of one band for their so-called anti-royal views
and live on Freeview channel 276
It features a diverse range of new and classic artists, and was 27 songs long but The Proclaimers hit song I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) has been removed by the UK government. According to the BBC the move came after the Scottish duo were criticised for their anti-royal views.
The band, which is fronted by Craig and Charlie Reid reportedly agreed with a demonstrator who was arrested for shouting “Who elected him?” during a proclamation event for The King last September, according to the Express.
The move comes less than two weeks before the historic event, with King Charles’ coronation being the first in the UK for 70 years, since the late Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953.
The official King’s Coronation playlist:
- Come Together - The Beatles
- Daddy Cool - Boney M.
- A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay
- Let’s Dance - David Bowie
- Celestial - Ed Sheeran
- One Day Like This - Elbow
- Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
- Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding
- Starlight - Emile Sande
- Dance All Over Me - George Ezra
- Slave To The Rhythm - Grace Jones
- Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
- Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
- Our House - Madness
- It’s a Beautiful Day - Michael Buble
- All over the World - Pet Shop Boys
- We Are The Champions - Queen
- People Get Ready - Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart
- Space Man - Sam Ryder
- Gold - Spandau Ballet
- Say You’ll Be There - Spice Girls
- Shine - Take That
- Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
- Love Reign O’er Me - The Who
- Green Green Grass Of Home - Tom Jones
- King - Years & Years