However, it seems that the weather has over delivered as one of the hottest heat waves on record is currently striking the South West and most of the United Kingdom.
This had led to weather experts issuing a danger to life weather warning that will go into effect this weekend - a warning which covers Bristol.
Here is everything you need to know, such as how long the warning is in place for, how hot Bristol will get and when it is expected to end.
What is the weather warning and how long is it in place for?
Weather experts at the Met Office have issued an Amber warning for extreme heat that covers the Bristol and South West of England region.
Temperatures are expected to build to extremely hot levels in excess of 32℃.
The warning has been extended for a further day at the beginning of next week, commencing from Sunday, 17 July at midnight.
The what is now a three-day warning is expected to come to an end on Tuesday, 19 July at 11:59 pm.
What have the Met Office said to expect?
The weather organisation have warned Bristolians that exceptionally high temperatures are possible during Sunday and Monday, with the possibility that it could lead to widespread impacts on people and infrastructure.
The Met Office has issued the following list of what to expect during the Amber weather warning for extreme heat:
- Population-wide adverse health effects are likely to be experienced, not limited to those most vulnerable to extreme heat
- Substantial changes in working practices and daily routines to be required
- Significantly more people likely to visit coastal areas, lakes and rivers leading to increased risk of water safety incidents
- Delays on road and road closures are possible, along with delays and cancellations to rail and air travel, with potential for significant welfare issues for those who experience even moderate delays
What will the weather be like in Bristol for the rest of this week?
What will the weather be like in Bristol for the rest of this week and the days of the weather warning? The following is the daily forecast for the rest of the week, commencing from Tuesday, 12 July 2022.
- Tuesday, 12 July: Cloudy and dry all day, grey clouds by 6 pm (25℃)
- Wednesday, 13 July: Sunny intervals changing to clouds (25℃)
- Thursday, 14 July: Sunny and warm all day long (24℃)
- Friday, 15 July: Sunny and warm all day long (24℃)
- Saturday, 16 July: Sunny and warm all day long (24℃)
- *Sunday, 17 July: Extreme heat and levels of sunshine (29℃)
- *Monday, 18 July: Extreme heat and levels of sunshine (32℃)
- *Tuesday, 19 July: Extreme heat and levels of sunshine (32℃)
*days that the Amber weather warning is in place
When will the heatwave end in Bristol?
An exact date and time has not been given as to when this hot-tempered weather will cease in the Bristol region, though the amber warning does come to an end on Tuesday, 18 July 2022 at 11:59 pm.