Police shut down Henleaze home after drug-related crime leaves neighbours ‘living in fear’

A machete, cash and suspected drugs were all found in a search of the property in November

A home linked to drug-related crime has been emptied by police.

Avon and Somerset Police secured a closure order for 44 Comb Paddock in Henleaze after reports of criminal activity from the property going back to 2017.

The order was granted at Bristol Magistrates Court today (February 14) and will last for three months.

In their application, police teams provided evidence of numerous instances of disorder which had led local residents to ‘live in fear’.

They included the finding of a Taser device, class A drugs and other drug paraphernalia in April 2019.

Police secured a closure order for 44 Comb Paddock in Henleaze

Then, in the following month, neighbours reported an incident which resulted in significant criminal damage to the property.

Last year, officers then received reports of drug deals from the home and a large ‘Rambo knife’ was discovered in bushes nearby.

In November, officers found numerous phones, a machete, a large amount of cash and suspected class B drugs in a search of the property.

Police say despite attempts to work with the tenant, including the issuing of an acceptable behaviour contract, problems continued.

Local residents said they were subjected to daily anti-social, and occasionally violent, behaviour by a constant stream of people attending the property throughout the day and night.

The address has now been closed to all persons including the tenant and any person found within the property will now be committing a criminal offence.

Chief Inspector Robert Cheeseman said: “Drug use and supply, and related crime and anti-social behaviour associated with this address has had a huge negative impact on local residents.

“We are grateful to the community for providing us with the information we needed to execute warrants at the address and gather the evidence required to present a robust case at court.

“Numerous attempts by officers and local agency partners to work with the tenant have sadly proved unsuccessful, and so we welcome the magistrates’ decision, which will mean local residents no longer have to fear for their safety.”