First Bus temporarily suspended the stop from its 2 service after a group of kids confronted a driver.
First Bus stopped serving a bus stop in Henbury after a driver was threatened on Saturday night. The alleged confrontation took place on Station Road on the number 2 service, which runs from Cribbs Causeway to Stockwood via Brentry.
One passenger took to social media to share what had happened during their journey. They said a group of ‘kids’ pushed the emergency stop button and then threatened the driver who had got off the bus.
First Bus confirmed the incident had been reported to Avon and Somerset Police. The operator also said that the stop was temporarily removed from the route, but passengers could now board from Station Road once again.
A spokesperson for First West of England said: “First West of England does not tolerate any abuse of any kind towards our much-valued drivers and we take incidents like this very seriously. We can confirm an incident took place on Sunday, 20th November on the Service 2 on Station Road. The stop where the incident was reported was temporarily removed from the route and we only allowed customers to board at designated stops where safe to do so.
“The service 2 is serving the normal route as it stands today. We have reported the incident to the police to investigate further and it would be inappropriate to comment at this stage. We encourage anyone with details of this incident to contact the Avon and Somerset Police by calling 101.”
Back in April, we reported how a First bus driver was left ‘in shock’ when a brick was chucked at the front window of the Service 2 as he drove through Stockwood. George Gwilliams said: “This is the second time I’ve been attacked in two weeks.” He added: “Please don’t abuse us if we’re late. There are many reasons why that will have happened, and I promise we’re not arriving late for a laugh.”
Avon and Somerset Police has been approached for comment.