As children across Bristol return to school after the six-week summer holidays, many people will be looking ahead to planning their next break.
Parents must carefully organise their holidays around the school calendar to avoid the penalty for keeping children out of school during the school term.
With that in mind, when do children in Bristol break up for their next holiday and what are their term dates for the rest of the academic year?
BristolWorld has everything you need to know.
What are the term dates in Bristol for the next academic year 2022/23?
- Thursday 1 September - Friday 21 October
- School holiday Monday 24 October - Friday 28 October
- Monday 31 October - Friday 16 December
- School holiday Monday 19 December - Monday 2 January
- Tuesday 3 January - Friday 10 February
- School holiday Monday 13 February - Friday 17 February
- Monday 20 February - Friday 31 March
- School holiday Monday 3 April - Friday 14 April
- Monday 17 April - Friday 26 May
- School holiday Monday 29 May - Friday 2 June
- Monday 5 June - Friday 21 July
How long are pupils back at school after the half term?
Following the summer holidays, classrooms opened again today (Thursday, September 1) and pupils have returned for just over seven weeks before October half-term begins.
When do schools break up for October half-term in Bristol?
Schools across Bristol will close for the October half-term on Friday, October 21 before opening again on Monday, October 31.
How can I check term dates for the rest of the year?
You can find out more about the upcoming term dates for schools across Bristol on the Bristol City Council website.