A new festival is set to arrive in Bristol this month.
The Forbidden World Film Festival has been established in honour of one of the iconic local stores in the city of Bristol, which is celebrating a huge milestone in 2022.
A perfect event for movie lovers, with a grand total of 13 film screenings across three fun-filled days.
Here is everything you need to know about the Forbidden World Film Festival 2022 in Bristol.
What is the Forbidden World Film Festival?
The festival has come about as a way to mark the day that Bristol’s beloved video shop, 20th Century Flicks, first opened its doors in 1982.
Over 40 years later, the store - which has two hireable private cinemas - has stood the test of time and is still trading.
The Forbidden World Film Festival is a new event to come to the South West of England, established to celebrate the 40th anniversary of 20th Century Flicks.
Doing so by paying homage to the many classic movies that hit cinema screens in 1982.
When and where is the Forbidden World Film Festival in 2022?
The Forbidden World Film Festival is a three-day extravaganza for its debut year.
Calling lights, camera, action on Friday, 13 May before coming to a conclusion on Sunday, 15 May.
The event will be hosted at the former Bristol IMAX theatre, situated within the grounds of Bristol Aquarium - which has a capacity of 315 attendees, who will sit in front of an impressive 19m x 15m screen.
Are tickets still available for the event?
Demand for this event has been quite high, so tickets for the debut Forbidden Worlds Film Festival are currently at limited availability.
At the time of publication, this is currently the ticketing situation for the event:
- Early Bird Full Weekend Pass - SOLD OUT
- Regular Full Weekend Pass - SOLD OUT
- Friday Day Pass - SOLD OUT
- Saturday Day Pass - £35 per ticket
- Sunday Day Pass - SOLD OUT
- Individual Screenings - varies, see the list below
What films can you watch during the festival?
The schedule for this year’s event boasts some classic and immensely popular movies, with options for all the family to enjoy.
Forbidden Worlds Film Festival is a pure celebration of 1982 cinema, which has the following film schedule:
Friday, 13 May 2022
- 4 pm - Dracula A.D (1982): 96 minutes, 18 and over; tickets available
- 7 pm - Mad Max 2 (1982): 95 minutes, 15 and over; SOLD OUT
- 10 pm - Girls Nite Out (1982): 96 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available
Saturday, 14 May 2022
- 11 am - The Secret of NIMH (1982): 82 minutes, four years and over, tickets available
- 2 pm - A History of 3-D Cinema: glasses provided at the event, 18 and over, tickets available
- 3:30 pm - The Challenge (1982): 113 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available
- 7 pm - Poltergeist (1982): 114 minutes, 15 and over, tickets available
- 9:30 pm - Basket Case (1982): 91 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available
Sunday, 15 May 2022
- 10:45 am - The Dark Crystal (1982): 93 minutes, PG, tickets available
- 1:30 pm - Thrilling Bloody Sword (1981): 89 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available
- 3:30 pm - Blade Runner (1982): 117 minutes, 15 and over, SOLD OUT
- 7:15 pm - Tenebrae (1982): 101 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available
- 9:30 pm - Forbidden World (1982): 77 minutes, 18 and over, tickets available