Clifton pub responds to zero-star food hygiene rating issued by Bristol City Council
‘We have always worked hard to achieve excellent food and hygiene standards’
The Beaufort Arms in Clifton has responded to the food hygiene rating
A pub in Clifton says it is making improvements after being given a zero-star food hygiene rating.
The Beaufort Arms, near to The Downs in High Street, was visited by Bristol City Council inspectors on November 16.
The local authority issued the pub a zero out of five food hygiene rating, which means ‘urgent improvement necessary’.
Major improvement was required in all three categories - food handling, cleanliness and condition of facilities and building, and the management of food safety.
In response, pub owner Admiral Taverns issued a statement on behalf of the licensee.
It said: “We have always worked hard to achieve excellent food and hygiene standards at the Beaufort Arms and previously achieved 4 star ratings.
“Following the recent environmental health organisation visit, we have put all of the improvement measures into place.
“We’re committed to providing our customers with fantastic service and are working with the environmental health organisation to achieve this.”
New food hygiene ratings were awarded to seven other establishments in the city last week.
Restaurants, cafes and canteens
• Rated 4: JAVA Cafe Bar & Cocktail Lounge at 9 Park Street, City Centre, Bristol; rated on November 16
• Rated 4: Love Cafe and Bar at 20 Park Street, City Centre, Bristol; rated on November 16
• Rated 4: Source Cafe, Dental School at Bristol Dental Hospital Chapter House School Of Oral & Dental Sciences, Lower Maudlin Street, City Centre, Bristol; rated on November 16
Pubs, bars and nightclubs
• Rated 4: University of Bristol Coombe Dingle Sports Complex at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex, Coombe Lane, Stoke Bishop, Bristol; rated on November 16
• Rated 2: Desi Jesi at 48 Staple Hill Road, Fishponds, Bristol; rated on November 16
• Rated 1: Q&N Piri Piri at 46 Staple Hill Road, Fishponds, Bristol; rated on November 16
• Rated 0: Joe’s Kebab at 26 Cannon Street, Bedminster, Bristol; rated on November 16