Christmas 2022: Bristol one of UK cities ‘most excited’ for the festive season, study reveals
Bristolians more keen than most to get cracking with Christmas, new study finds
and live on Freeview channel 276
Christmas Day is less than two months away and people in Bristol are already getting into the Yuletide spirit. With planning for the ‘big day’ in full swing, it seems greenery is on the mind too as searches for Christmas trees have already started to climb.
B&Q has revealed that internal searches for Christmas trees have shot up over the past month, and the data has revealed which 13 cities have been searching the most for their tree of choice. People in Bristol were eighth on the list as the amount of shoppers visiting the B&Q Christmas Shop has risen by 244% in the last week.
The study also found that people in Bristol have no preference when it comes to their trees, with an equal 50-50 split purchasing artificial and real Christmas trees last year. Meanwhile, nine of the 13 cities all preferred to purchase artificial trees in 2021, so it seems the UK generally favours this type of tree and they are predicted to be a huge hit again this year.
Artificial Christmas trees host a number of benefits including durability and reusability and lack of maintenance, such as not needing watering or having to vacuum pine needles. Searches for prelit Christmas trees also soared by 170%, probably as they are much easier to set up and eliminate the cost of needing to buy your own lights.
The UK cities and towns ‘most excited’ for Christmas
- York - 625% search increase
- Leeds - 430% search increase
- Reading - 360% search increase
- Birmingham - 314% search increase
- Cardiff - 297% search increase
- Edinburgh - 293% search increase
- Liverpool - 268% search increase
- Bristol - 244% search increase
- Manchester - 200% search increase
- Nottingham - 191% search increase
- Sheffield 189% - search increase
- Glasgow - 171% search increase
- London - 125% search increase