A Bristol PR agency expects to secure a £1 million turnover this year following 50 per cent revenue growth in 2021.
Communications specialist AMBITIOUS has made five strategic hires as it looks to secure the high-reaching turnover after what it has described as ‘an incredible year’.
The company has bolstered its range of services to accelerate its growth with five new team members whose skills and experience will ‘further power’ the agency’s offering.
The five appointments signal a new focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and Sustainability communications and increased investment in AMBITIOUS’s Digital Communications and Media Relations expertise.
The new members are:
- Katy Barney, who joins as Senior PR Consultant from global advisory consultancy Project Associates, with a remit to develop and deliver ESG & sustainability communications strategies for clients across multiple sectors.
- Joseph Wright, who joins as Digital Communications Specialist from the global strategic communications firm Kekst CNC, will develop the company’s digital offer, bringing expertise in digital insights, creative content development and online reputation management.
- Former Daily Telegraph football correspondent and senior regional news reporter Rob Stewart, who will use his frontline newspaper journalism experience to further develop the company’s specialist media relations offering.
- PR Consultant Simon Boddy, whose experience in the events industry, supporting some of the country’s largest events, as well as operating within the worlds of AV, tech and local authorities, will boost the company’s all-round capabilities in media relations, social media and communications strategy.
- University of West of England business management graduate Maria Abshir, who joins AMBITIOUS as marketing assistant following a successful internship with the company through The Strive Internship.
Sarah Woodhouse, director and co-owner, said: “We have had an incredible year which has seen AMBITIOUS go from strength to strength and grow by 50 per cent from 2021 to 2022.
“We are now on track to hit £1 million revenue in the next 12 months.
“Our ability to attract top-notch talent is not only testament to our agency culture but firmly demonstrates our commitment to ensure the best possible experience for existing and new clients.”
AMBITIOUS, which is based in Bristol and was incorporated 10 years ago, has a string of industry awards under its belt along with a range of fast-growth clients including Telefonica, CBRE, Livi Healthcare, Xledger and Actual Experience.
Sarah, who co-owns AMBITIOUS with Lis Anderson, added: “We have deepened our expertise in digital PR and digital communications, ESG, and our mediarelations offering to meet client demands and a growing number of new business briefs. We are excited about the year ahead.”